Sunday, March 16, 2014

5 Ways: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Lazy Sunday!

Well, it will be for me. I had all these plans today, but it's supposed to rain pretty much from now until much later this evening, so I'm gonna hang out here and watch hockey. We really spanked the penguins yesterday afternoon, and I'm hoping we can spank 'em again today. Not to mention, I'll get to talk a lot of smack to my pens friends in the process, which I would love.

I haven't done a 5 Ways in awhile, so I decided while I was figuring out which green polish I'd wear on Monday, I'd swatch some colors and maybe inspire someone.
I've only recently found that I have the courage to wear green, honestly. I love wearing green clothes, but I wasn't too sure about it on my nails. I'm happy to say that my phobia is gone :)

st patricks day green nail polish
Check out the jump for more pictures and thoughts!



First up, A England's St. George. This is a hunter green holo. I looove this one, if I'm going to wear green, normally it's going to be a darker shade like this one. The holo is just extra exciting for me. Two coats. Also, I can't resist a close up shot, ever.

a england st george

a england st george

Next, Butter London Dosh. This reminds me of a granny smith apple in terms of color. This is three coats. Overall, I've been a bit disappointed with Butter London's opacity in their color range. For 15 bucks, the formula should be pretty darn good.

butter london dosh

butter london dosh

I layered three coats of Butter London's Swinger over Dosh for this next one. I didn't have much success with trying to build Swinger up the last time I tried it, so I just decided to layer it over Dosh and see what that looked like. Of all the colors here, I think this combination looks the most "classic" when it comes to St. Patrick's Day.

butter london dosh butter london swinger

butter london dosh butter london swinger

butter london dosh butter london swinger

Next, China Glaze Running In Circles. I loooove this one. Like I've said before, China Glaze does a really great glitter most of the time. This is 2 1/2 coats. Just a note, this is much greener and less yellow than the combination above. It doesn't look too different in this lighting, but it is.

China Glaze Running in Circles

China Glaze Running in Circles

Last, Honey Rainbow Snake Eyes. This is the odd one out, but when I saw it on Honey Rainbow's website, I fell in love. I absolutely love the delicate mint green with the purple/pink/green glitter. The only thing about this is that I have 3 coats on and there's still a lot of visible nail. I'll probably layer this over a mint green next time so it won't take as much to build up.

Honey Rainbow Snake Eyes

Honey Rainbow Snake Eyes

Honey Rainbow Snake Eyes
I think this is my favorite shot out of all of these

So, what do you think of these? Which green polishes do you normally like to wear? Any green that you absolutely love that I'm missing from my stash? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment