Thursday, November 14, 2013

Marc Jacobs Petra: Comparisons

Hello Again!

I recently went a little overboard during Sephora's sale and bought... well, I bought some things. Lol. Among them, Marc Jacob's Petra. I've been eyeing this one for a few weeks and decided to splurge during the 20% off sale. I wanted to put up some comparisons, because while Petra is very lovely, it's also a bit more than I like to spend on nail polish normally. I tend to buy very similar looking colors, and I wanted to see if I did the same thing this time. Here's the start of my little experiment:

Marc Jacobs Petra

I started with China Glaze's Rendezvous With You on my forefinger and ring finger, and Marc Jacob's Petra on my middle and pinky fingers. They're definitely not dupes. They're... mildly similar. Obviously RWY is much more purple. I was somewhat relieved. Then I remembered I had more purple-ish foil polishes. Dun dun dun?



Marc Jacobs Petra Comparison

Here I've got China Glaze Rendezvous With You on my forefinger, Marc Jacob Petra on my middle finger, OPI The World is Not Enough on my ring finger, and OPI It's My Year on my pinky finger. Luckily nothing here is a full on dupe. The World is Not Enough and Petra are similar though. I didn't think It's My Year would be very similar at all, but it is a purple-pink foil. It would be more similar if it didn't have gold shimmer.


Marc Jacobs Petra Comparison

I like this picture because you can see the pretty pink sparkle shimmers in The World is Not Enough. I actually like this one almost as much as Petra. Formula wise, TWINE is much more thin. I have on 4 coats for full opaqueness, while I have on 2 coats of Petra. For anyone curious, I have on 2 coats of RWY and 4 coats of IMY.

If you want to see the post I have of Petra just by itself, you can go here. I've got some sunlight and shade pictures of it.

If you can live with The World is Not Enough not being an exact dupe of Petra, it's still available on Amazon. I hope that's helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment