Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Randoms: Essie

Hey everyone!

Brrr, it's cold out! Not like Philly though. I've got a lot of family up there, and I hear that they got like, 13 inches of snow. Ugh! Please stay safe, and warm too!

So today, I've got four Essies to show you today. These are the only four I own, but I liked these and will probably purchase more if I see any colors I like. They're a bit more expensive than China Glaze or OPI, so it will have to be a pretty unique color in order to tempt me!

I've got some closeups and reviews after the jump!



First up, I've got The Girls Are Out. This is a shimmery dark pink. This would like great on toes during the summer time. I love that the shimmer is noticeable inside! I've got two coats on, and it's nice and opaque:

Essie The Girls Are Out Swatch

Essie The Girls Are Out Swatch

Next, Toggle to the Top. I couldn't really get a good picture of this. It's a dark raspberry glitter and it is gorgeous. My pictures aren't doing this justice by any means. This is 2 coats, nice formula, glitter isn't thick or chunky:

Essie Toggle to the Top Swatch

Essie Toggle to the Top Swatch

Go Overboard is next. I also really really like this one. This has a decent amount of depth for a creme. The color is a deep dark teal, more green than blue. I purchased this for a base for some glitters, and it's very nice just on its own. This is two coats, I barely needed the second one. No patchiness or pooling:

Essie Go Overboard Swatch

Lastly, Under Where? is a pinkish lavender creme. This one is also quite nice. I've got 3 coats on, but it's not streaky at all, just not quite opaque for me without that last coat. Formula again is great, no pooling or thickness:

Essie Under Where Swatch

I like all four of these. Like I said before, they're a bit more expensive than China Glaze or OPI. I like the cremes better than the China Glaze cremes I've tried because they're a bit thicker and less watery. If I see an Essie I really like, I'll definitely try it. Sometimes I see these on sale at the outlets, so I'll keep looking for a good deal on them. Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment