Friday, January 3, 2014

Vampy Purples: China Glaze First Class Ticket and OPI Black Cherry Chutney

Happy Friday!

It's super cold outside today, so I think a post think this is alright. They fit the kind of weather that's happening.

I've got two vampy purple shades to share today, one from China Glaze and the other from OPI. This time of year, everyone seems to get on that vamp wagon, and I'm happy to say that I get on that myself sometimes. I like a nice, vampy color on a cold day, and well, today's the day for that.


OPI Black Cherry Chutney
Black Cherry Chutney
China Glaze First Class Ticket
First Class Ticket
China Glaze First Class Ticket
First Class Ticket, up close!

My poor middle finger cuticle. They've gotten better, but this weather kills my skin. I have to remind myself to slather that lotion on!
Black Cherry Chutney is a super dark black cherry (sorry, it really is that color). Actually, it looks darker in the bottle than on the nail, which I think is a good thing. When you see it in the bottle it straight up looks black. The thing that's odd about this, is that it's not very opaque. It took 3 coats to even it out without balding. This is part of OPI's classic range, so you can buy it at most places that sell OPI. It's pretty old so I'm sure you've probably seen it before.

First Class Ticket is a dark blurple. I've seen swatches where this looks much more purple. Up close, you can see it has some blue flecks to it, which adds a nice depth. The lighting here isn't really the best (it was overcast), but this is what it looks like in low lighting. Formula was a bit thin, but workable. I wasn't careful and it flowed into my cuticles a bit. I bought this at Head2ToeBeauty.

Hopefully you like vampy shades too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment