Monday, December 23, 2013

Five ways: 5 Nice Shades of Red

Hi and Happy Monday!

It's happy for me since I don't have to work today, and for the next few weeks! I guess that's a perk of working for a university, right?
I enjoy doing 5 ways posts, and I figured I'd do one with some red polishes to get everyone in the mood for Christmas. I picked red based on finish and how much I liked them. Here they are:


The polishes are:

Thumb: Zoya Rekha , creme, 2 coats
Index: OPI Danke-Shiny Red, metallic, 2 coats
Middle: Butter London Chancer, glitter, 2 coats
Ring: China Glaze Elfin Around, foil, 1 coat
Pinky:  Zoya Sarah, sparkle, 2 coats

I've got closeups and thoughts after the jump!


Zoya Rekha Red Polish
Zoya Rekha

OPI Danke-Shiny Red Polish
OPI Danke-Shiny Red

Butter London Chancer Red Polish
Butter London Chancer

China Glaze Elfin' Around Red Polish
China Glaze Elfin' Around

Zoya Sarah Red Polish
Zoya Sarah

It would be tough for me to choose a favorite from these, because I tried to include different finishes for all of these, and I like all of these finishes! If you're wanting a really sparkly glitter, I'd go with Chancer. If you like something a little different, Elfin' Around looks a bit more orange in person (not by much though) and it's got a cool foil finish (plus it's nicely opaque). Danke-Shiny Red is one of my favorite reds I own, because I love the finish on it. Rekha is a great, classic creme. And Sarah is a great mix between Chancer and Danke-Shiny Red.

I didn't have issues, formula wise, with any of these. Here's a breakdown:
Rekha is a great creme, no pooling or streaking. I've got 2 coats on and it's fully opaque
Danke-Shiny Red has a fantastic formula, 2 coats and it's opaque, and quite shiny (it better be, with a name like that!)
Chancer is a glitter, so it's a bit thick, but very workable.
Elfin' Around is a fantastic foil, a one-coater for me (my nails are short). Great formula here, no issues.
Sarah is a great mix between a metallic and a glitter, formula was pretty good with it. No major issues with pooling or bubbling.

I hope you enjoyed this reds post! You can purchase Zoya products on Zoya's webpage, Head2Toe Beauty and Beyond Polish sell China Glaze and OPI products, and you can purchase Butter London polishes on their webpage. You can also purchase all of these brands at Ulta.

I've got a cool marble manicure that I'll be posting soon as well. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment