Friday, December 13, 2013

Paula Dorf Swatches: Model and Blue-tiful

Happy Friday!

Christmas is almost here. Can you believe it?? I don't feel like I'm ready, but it always seems to rush up on  me :)

Today I've got a new to me brand today, Paula Dorf. I found these at TJ Maxx, but a quick Google search tells me that they're available in trios on Dermstore here. Anyway, on to the pictures and reviews:

paula dorf modelpaula dorf blue-tiful



I've got more pictures and thoughts after the jump.




paula dorf model
Model - In Sunlight

paula dorf model
Model

paula dorf blue-tiful
Blue-tiful

paula dorf blue-tiful
Blue-tiful - Jelly!

 So, Model is an Eggplant color. It's pretty vampy, but it never really comes close to looking black, even in low lighting. I included a bunch of shots of this one, because I think the polish looks SO awesome in the bottle, and it really falls a bit flat on the nail. In some shots, it looks like it comes close to being that color, but straight on it's pretty dark. In the bottle it looks like an eggplant/red shifting polish. I like it, but I was pretty disappointed after seeing it in the bottle. The formula was great though! Two coats, no pooling, nice consistency.

Blue-tiful is a navy jelly. I wasn't expecting the jelly finish, so that was a nice surprise. This is sheer enough for a jelly sandwich, I think. But it builds nicely in three coats. Formula again, was great. No streakiness, great consistency. I really like both formulas a lot and I'll probably pick up more of this brand if I see it around. Mine were on sale for three dollars each!

I think you can find these at several places, but make sure you check out T J Maxx, Marshalls, or any of those types of places first, since I was able to purchase mine for a good price. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment